Re: prohibiting RFC publication

2000-04-09 11:50:03
On 4/9/00 at 12:24 PM -0600, Vernon Schryver wrote:

From: Pete Resnick <presnick(_at_)QUALCOMM(_dot_)COM>

...He suggested that we allow them to document current practice.

Do I understand correctly that you think that draft-terrell-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-addr-cls-02.txt
should have been published as an RFC?

Uh, no. I see no deployed support for this document and therefore see no relevance to the Internet community to have this document published. If noone on the Internet is doing it and I'm therefore not going to see these packets on the Internet, then it's not relevant to me as a member of the community, which is the only test for Informational or Experimental.

Since technical merit is irrelevant, you must be in favor of publishing draft-terrell-logic-analy-bin-ip-spec-ipv7-ipv8-04.txt.

Did Eugene go and write some code I don't know about? Did you start routing this crap out on the net?

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
Eudora Engineering - QUALCOMM Incorporated