Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-04-24 12:20:03
Keith Moore wrote:

it's not at all clear to me why households need traditional multihoming,
nor how to make it feasible for households to have it.  so I would regard
this as overdesign of the home 'internet interface box'

Now that I've got a decent DSL provider, I've found that the least reliable
component of my Net access is the power line: my DSL just works, but the power
company has been flaking out 2-3 times a week for the past month or so.  (I
have my computers on UPSes, but your average K-Mart Box user wouldn't.)
Multihoming wouldn't solve that.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.  |