RE: IPv6: Past mistakes repeated?

2000-04-26 06:30:03
I fear your logic is flawed.  If there are an infinite number of
possibilities, than not only are there infinite possible mistakes, but an
infinite number of good solutions.  Also, just because a solution is good,
does not mean it will or should last forever.

-Michael B. Bellopede
 Michael(_dot_)CTR(_dot_)Bellopede(_at_)tc(_dot_)faa(_dot_)gov
 "There is no spoon."

-----Original Message-----
From: Connelly; M [mailto:m(_dot_)connelly(_at_)kpn(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2000 10:17 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; 'dahigginbotham(_at_)ncdragonfly(_dot_)com'
Subject: AW: IPv6: Past mistakes repeated?

On the subject of infinite possibilities - given that there are an infinite
number of of possible mistakes and only one correct solution, it is
statistically impossible to do anything right.

IP4 was definitely a mistake. Whatever replaces it will invariably also be
mistake.  Besides, if everything was done correctly this forum would be
very
dull!

-Michael C