Re: draft-ietf-nat-protocol-complications-02.txt

2000-05-01 11:40:02
Masataka Ohta wrote:

i-mode uses native
http servers with some relatively transparent html
extensions for handsets (such as <a AccessKey="1" href="...).

For IP community, it means that iMODE is worse than WAP.

I'm not sure that's the case.  It sounds like it's easy to develop a Web
site that works both on i-mode and on a standard Web browser; that means
that a site that wants to support i-mode doesn't have to drain off
effort that could otherwise go into improving the site.  Further, since
the site has only one codebase, it probably has only one set of security
holes, rather than two.  Both of these are an improvement over WAP.  The
extra bandwidth that the IP endpoints spend on sending the AccessKey
attribute is regrettable, but probably less of a loss than the
development effort of a dual-mode site.

Didn't someone from DOCOMO present in Adelaide, and say they were
planning to go to running IP in the handsets?

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|