query on SNMP set PDU and row creation mechanism

2000-05-03 23:20:02
Hi ,

 This is Shivendra and I am working on SNMP interfaces for a optical
network NE.
 We are providing row creation mechanism on SNMP tables using SMI v2
directives( using
   RowStatus).   In the Set Pdu , we want to allow the requests for
multiple row creations over
  same/different tables. We would like to know how this is being done by
people who have already
  implemented Set command support . So, we have basically three
questions:
1. How can multiple row creation request in a single Set PDU be handled?

2. How would we enable multiple row creation over different tables , if
the tables are dependent
 on each other?
3. Is it a good practice to allow multiple row creation request for
same/different tables thru
  one Set PDU?

regards,
shivendra

                                                Shivendra Kumar
   22, 8th Main,                        Wipro Infotech- Telecom Sols.
   1st Cross,                             72, Electronics City
   Maruthi HBCS,                     Bangalore
   BTM Layout 1st Stage,
   B'lore
   mobile-98440-92528            hello(off) -0091-80-8520408/420 extn.
2108
                                                 fax- 0091-80-8520478
                  mail@ - shivendra(_dot_)kumar(_at_)wipro(_dot_)com

           My three warriors - perseverance, smile and hope.