cure: queue as draft when "Send" called (was Re: ILOVEYOU)

2000-05-07 06:40:02
"spyder" wrote:
set regedit=CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
set out=WScript.CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
set mapi=out.GetNameSpace("MAPI")
set male=out.CreateItem(0)
male.Recipients.Add(malead)
male.Subject = "ILOVEYOU"
male.Body = vbcrlf&"kindly check the attached LOVELETTER coming from me."
male.Attachments.Add(dirsystem&"\LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.vbs")
male.Send

One solution is to boycott Outlook until MAPI's Send simply queues the
messages as drafts without sending them.  Suggesting that within Cisco
shortly after the melissa worm, which I had to personally clean up after,
I was told that was a "strategic" decision and henceforth I was only to
make "tactical" recommendations.  Whoops!

People need to learn to stand up to bad engineering, and bad management
decisions in favor of bad engineering.  As a corallary, people need to
support good engineering, such as device upload in HTML:
  http://www.sourcexchange.com/WishDetail?wishID=227

Cheers,
James