Video on IP

2000-05-16 06:50:03
Dear IETF People,
I am working into the video broadcast market (terrestrial and Satellite tv
channels), and more and more people are demanding solution to deliver
streaming video on IP. For some application I am working on, I would like
to webcast video using or Windows Media MP4 format or RealVideo G2
(tipically from a webcam), but i need to decode the compressed signal at
the end point. I need to have again my analog video to be, maybe, recorded
on a vtr. I perfectly know the quality problems I will have, but this is
not an issue.
I am going to use Osprey boards to encode.

Has anyone of you any experience on this? An help would be very
appreciated. I have spoken with both Microsoft and Real tech support, but
none seemed to know something.

Best regards

Andrea Bovarini
Video System Engineering, Milan, Italy