IETF *is* computer crime.

2000-05-23 08:40:02

 The manner in which unsanctioned anti-democratic organizations
 control what amounts to the global communications network is a
 crime unto itself. Citizens utilizing this infra-structure posses
 no legal protections, no constitutional safeguards and no basic
 rights or liberties of any variety. We are subject to the chimeric
 whims of technocrats lost in the clouds of their stock options,
 fancy job titles and droll rotation of globe hopping symposiums
 and conferences. Left with no protections we are virtually
 helpless, hapless and hopeless.

 The concept of privacy and personal rights and freedoms on the
 net are fully nul and void. The whole convoluted mess rambles on
 generating profits for the lever-controllers and box managers
 and everything is fine and dandy. Except for the pervading fact
 that bloody security, mechanical network integrity and smooth
 technical functioning of the machinery do not supercede precious
 inalienables and undeniables. Except for the truth that people
 and their intercourses are openly, randomly and completely subject
 to limitless interferances and interventions.

 IETF, ISOC, ICANN, ITU and whatever other unsanctioned, informal
 acretion of pseudo-authority should arise are no places to look
 for solutions. They embody the problem. They ARE the proble. To
 search elsewhere is our only alternative. Tou route around, to
 undermine, to quietly innovate clever detours and innovations.
 Because the moment the unchanging cast of central authorites
 are deposed is the moment a solution becomes workable. Look no
 further than your own self, your own capabilities and capacities.
 Anyone who seeks freedom or solace from those who benifit the most
 from our control and the maintenance of their influence can only
 impede evolution.

 Alive and very much well, all my opinions only, a very insignificant
 observer among the masses of the great unplugged, I remain,

 Bob Allisat