IETF Wireless

2000-05-26 12:30:02
There's a good chance I may be able to persuade Apple to donate a bunch
of 11Mb/s IEEE 802.11 Wireless/Ethernet bridges (the things we call
"AirPort") to IETF, on a permanent basis, for the meetings.

Any interest? How many would we want? A couple for the terminal room and
one each per meeting room?

These are absolutely standard 11Mb/s IEEE 802.11DS base stations, not
some proprietary Apple thing. PC users can get 802.11DS cards from
companies like Lucent: <http://www.wavelan.com/>

Lucent's web site provide a list of resellers:
<http://www.wavelan.com/contact/>

I have heard good reports about Brumleynet. They sell 11Mb/s WaveLAN
cards for $160: <http://www.brumleynet.com/>

Stuart Cheshire <cheshire(_at_)apple(_dot_)com>
 * Wizard Without Portfolio, Apple Computer