Re: IETF Wireless

2000-05-27 06:40:02
I Think That I Wrote In An eMail At 7:08 PM -0400 of 5/26/00:

I Think That Roger Fajman Wrote In An eMail At 4:58 PM -0400 of 5/26/00:

We've had trouble here with PCs using them because the NAT implementation
doesn't handle NETBIOS.  Also, given the general dislike of many people
in the IETF for NAT, it may not be something that the IETF wants to use
itself.

Except for getting a Mac with an AirPort card to setup up the thing properly, you're more or less out of luck. I know that there's a Java-based admin tool, but I don't think it goes that deep into the config settings, nor do I remember the URL off the top of my head

I lied - you can change most all settings with the Java Applet and I found the Web address for it: http://edge.mcs.drexel.edu/GICL/people/sevy/airport/

For more info about extending the antenna, try: http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/extendaport/index.html

--jon

Jon Malis
Independent Network Consultant
Malis Consulting
jmalis(_at_)mail(_dot_)com, jon(_at_)gomug(_dot_)org, AIM: JonMalis
"640KB is enough for anybody"            -Bill Gates

PGP Fingerprint: B32E 4B26 A2BC CF38 B56B  C518 1179 DE90 1477 00E9
PGP Key ID: 0x147700E9