Re: IP service definition

2000-07-13 09:10:01
Brijesh Kumar wrote:

As a technical person, you may not like their solution, but
they appear to meet requirements of their target market.

Emphasis on "appear".  The non-ISPs provide services that appear to be
Internet access, but aren't.  The big problem is when new protocols come
along that permit new functionality, but can't reach the non-ISPs'
users.  This hurts developers, of course, because it limits our user
base; but it also hurts the non-ISPs' users (obviously) *and* all other
users (by Metcalfe's Law).

|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.   |
|eCal Corp.      |"Where's your sense of adventure?" "Hiding under|
|francis(_at_)ecal(_dot_)com|the bed."                                       |