Domain name organization recommendation

2000-07-24 08:20:02
Hi,

 I was wondering if anybody has written a documentation that examines
 the usability of national domain names and provides advice on what
 approaches are actually useable. For example, I recently had a
discussion
 with some people on the .us domain on how unusable it is due to the
length
 of the domain names - myco.mytown.mystate.us. How about having .com.us,
 .edu.us, and accepting that anything without a country extension is
should
 now be reserved for international use, contrary to what the original
RFC
 said on the use of the .com, .edu, .gov domain names.

 Andre