Re: novel use of URL space

2000-07-27 21:30:03

  > http://rfc2826.x42.com/ (try for any rfcXXXX)

  operationally, useably, ... how is this more useful than putting the rfc
  after the slash, e.g.

    http://x42.com/rfc2826

  what's it get me, other than less dns hits?

you can do a rfc-centric  implementation of further functionality so that
its document/context or document/markup or document/cross-ref.

sure, you can do all that via a cgi, but this way, its document-centric
ie all the sub-features if you do them, hang from the name of the document.

Its not *that* neat an idea, but it had some attraction to me. Actually
the wider idea of embedding information in DNS like that also seems to be
either evil or sweet, depending on how you look at it.

costs heaps of overhead for sure!

-george
--
George Michaelson         |  DSTC Pty Ltd
Email: ggm(_at_)dstc(_dot_)edu(_dot_)au    |  University of Qld 4072