Re: [IFWP] Re: Complaint to Dept of Commerce on abuse of users by ICANN

2000-07-31 10:20:02
On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 08:02:11AM -0700, Greg Skinner wrote:
Lloyd Wood <l(_dot_)wood(_at_)eim(_dot_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> wrote:

William Allen Simpson wrote:

The users of the Internet have access to several free browsers that
support frames on a dozen platforms.  Folks that are unable to use
the Internet are not an appropriate electorate.  Lazy kindergartners
are not the target audience for ICANN membership.

I do hope this isn't the official ICANN view. I imagine that
a disability discrimination lawsuit would soon follow.

how many text-to-speech audio browsers support frames well?

Support for the disabled does seem to be a concern in some quarters;
for example, see

http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/World_Wide_Web/Browsers/Lynx/

The secure registration page requires https, which isn't available in lynx
as far as I know.

1) The web page does NOT use frames -- as far as I know, there are no frames
in the entire ICANN site;

2) the secure registration page is OPTIONAL; you can register through a
nonsecure path.

kent(_at_)songbird(_dot_)com                           lonesome." -- Mark Twain