Poulsen Wireless became Federal Telegraph; then IT&T!

2000-08-03 14:17:56

--- kysi ferul <redwingblakburdz(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com> wrote:
 NOTE: PBS' "Silicon Valley 100-year Renaissance"
Which played last night had a photo of which I have
the original.  My family had several properties
which
were in the vicinities of the Golden Gate Park,
Haight
Ashbury and Ocean Beach. There was the original
MUSEUM
which became the DeYoung Museum, but first of course
there was the Cal Expo Midwinter Fair of 1894-in
which
the Museum figured prominently with it's own
"SGT. PEPPER's BAND!" Again, I have the PHOTO of
them
in their "BEATLE'S" uniforms playing in front of the
MUSEUM! This was either the 3rd or 4th  "WORLD's
FAIR!"
Now, beside the Ocean Beach Chalet which is a
replica
of yet another of the buildings, there was the
orignal,and that had been at one time the first
weather station-and had contained the famous stuffed
Grizzly Bear that for years later would 'greet'
every
kid upon entering the doors at Steinhart Aquarium.
That
building out by the beach had been moved a few
times,
and was supposedly the FIRST POULSEN WIRELESS
STSTION!
Known later a Federal Telegraph Co., it was moved
back
East becoming International Telephone &
Telegraph!(IT&T)As far as I know we had nothing
whatsoever to do with the technolgy. On the other
hand-there has always been the thought? Gee-I wonder
if the City, or WHOEVER
"diddled us out of our PRIMO Land in the PARK?" Why
the question? well, for a family which has been here
from the beginning, contributed splendidly, etc. the
question is...."Wouldn't the 'REASONABLE MAN' rule
dictate that the scion of such a group of creative
industrious happy fun-loving people be 'indulged' a
little in his INDUSTRIAL DESIGN ("The ART of the
20th
Century!")attempts to keep the 'low-brows' from
RUININ' the place? I mean here is a design (GIANTS)
that is in perfect step with the MUNI LOGO, CABLE
CAR,
etc. and as the OAKLAND 'A's "TECH JOB FAIR" for
TUESDAY AUGUST 1, 2000 NETWORK ASSOCIATES COLISEUM
'TICKET STUB' advertisement shown on PAGE B-8 of the
SF.CHRONICLE same day- at bottom of the ticket.....
SEC 128   ROW 14    SEAT 7, well, MY SUGGESTION HAS
ALWAYS BEEN to have the MUNI TRANSFERS which are SIX
FIGURED to have WHOEVER gets "614275" to get a FREE
PRIZE of SOME KIND...etc. And as the number is
perhaps
as frequent as once a day (everyone is required to
take a transfer as proof of purchase) etc. And the
advertisment could be (as I also have pointed
out!)ODDLY ENOUGH something along the lines of the
picture on August 2, 2000 Chronicle SPORTING GREEN
front page picture; 'game-winning two-run home run
in
the 10th' which features a clutch of ballplayers
with
back-of-shirts (NUMBERS)
to the reader, and together in a string seem to
'say'
something like....."318539" ....or such? I cannot
see
any LEGITAMATE 'reason' why the GIANTS (or anyone
else
for that matter! We live in a city where the head of
the 'art commission' for a side-business charges
$1,000,000 (ONE MILLION BIG ONES!) 'a gig' to plan
"your party" for you! Yet everyone can't figure out
whats' real and what's Schlock? GEE......how about
leaving it to someone who had a BACKGROUND in SAID
SUBJECT? I especially cannot see how all the major
clothing labels here in town couldn't throw a crumb
or
two, and then of course they have been exposed-but
then look at society in general? The revelation of
how
low these freaks are didn't ring any bells because
we
are all 'being changed to a lower life form.
practically by the hour NOW! The city has
changed-but
this is more like a "VENDETTA!" If I own it, and it
is
in the LIBRARY of CONGRESS and you could make a buck
or two from it more than from the garbage you
pretend
to create...? NO! Becuase it is that kind of a
thing!
I really used to think that we weren't talking about
the Park Property much because it must have been our
own fault-but seeing an old newpaper account or
two-it
looks like we got the short end ofan ILLEGAL
"Immneent
Domain" or soemthing? I have no idea-but it is well
known that this city used to be more CONTROLLED than
CHICAGO or NEW YORK ever was! And that is why
Humourous comparison with Orwell's "1984" vs.  1894!
as a futuristic designer am not worrying about the
possible scenarios in future with technology-but am
amazed how some 'new civic and corporate leaders'
from
New York City with Italian names, who originated in
RUSSIA? could get all the old "HOOVER FILES" from
the
local IRISH COPS, FIREMEN, and PRIESTS, and continue
to run the "MACHINE" pulling all the strings etc. I
used to think we had an "old uncle Jack" somewhere
who
was blackmailing the family, or had cashed in the
Gov.
Bonds, etc. NO, no, it was just the CITY HALL having

sold themselves to the highest bidder. Funny how
INSIGNIFICANT the past seems today when I think of
how
many other things there are to think about. And I
have
GOOD NATUREDLY offered my services to many
corporations based here in the City, like one which
would let the guy whostrted ROSS STORES work for
them
because MY GOODNESS! he was commuting from SAN
RAFAEL!
This same group-the guy who never gave me a "No"
thay
made him the all time big boss of the deal for all
time-although he was jsut a janitor-and they used
slabve labor in SAIPAN, and they are promoting the
AIDS QUILT as their 'logo?" Gee. No hard feelings,
but
what is the RELIGIOUS FERVOUR that dictates that
everything be turned to "COCKROACH RESIDUE?" Hummm?

Note: forwarded message attached.

=====
redwingblakburdz(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com

http://invites.yahoo.com/