Re: Sequentially assigned IP addresses--why not?

2000-08-11 13:30:03

Fred Baker asks:

| When I build a telephone out of an IP dialler attached to
| someone's waist, a modulator on their necklace, and an earphone attached to
| their earring, all connected by IP on BlueTooth, what addresses do I put on
| the different components of the telephone?

RFC-1918 for all but one "outside" address on the component which does NAT.

Note that the "outside" address may also be an RFC-1918 address, and ideally
should be gotten automatically via DHCP.

Better question: what are the DNS names of the components, and how
are they published to the "outside" world?

        Sean.