IPv6 Traffic class field or DS field ??

2000-08-23 05:20:03
Hi
sorry if this old hat for you! and a really stupid question but could anyone
help?

I have been reading the RFC's relating to IPv6 for some insight to the
replacement for the ipv4 TOS field. In rfc 2460, there is talk about a traffic
class field and then in rfc 2474 it talks about a differentiated services
field. Could anyone tell me which has been "accepted" and if so where I could
find out more details about this particular field and the various priorities
etc.  as I am interested in trying to use this field for some qos mechanisms.

Thanking you, rgds,
Nik