RE: Active networks

2000-08-26 20:30:02
That depends on your definition of an "active" network.  If you consider an
active network to be a network able to recover from errors and equipment
failure automatically, block unwanted traffic, and provide dynamic updates
of the best routes available....those active networks are here today.

jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Ayman Malek Kaheel [SMTP:aymank(_at_)ECE(_dot_)UBC(_dot_)CA]
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2000 4:05 PM
To:   ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject:      Active networks

Hello,

I'm a graduate student and I'm currently starting my research, and I'm
trying to get some insight about the future of active networks, how long
do you think it would be before an AN would become a part of the Internet
(if ever), specially that up tell now there is no ietf working group for
AN?

 Thanks and regards,
 Ayman.