Re: draft-ietf-pkix-time-stamp-09

2000-09-11 15:50:01
Adrian,

Just to confirm that I too have problems with the standard which I'm prepared to express at some length.

Technically, it'll sure it'll fly but I'm really, really worried about the evidential rigour. Ultimately, the TSA will have to testify in a court and it has got to work - for the benefit of the entire PKIX endeavours.

Some of the legal issues may affect the technical ones, hence I think it is time to rehearse that everyone is sure they what they are doing and that they are confident in being able to generate bullet-proof time stamp evidence when the time comes.

I support Todd Glassey's request (belatedley!)

I think you'll find that my response to Todd explains why PKIX has chosen to not tailor its standards to the emerging legal processes, and why that will not be changing in the context of the TSP document.

Steve