RE: Multimedia EMSD? (was Re: Mobile Multimedia Messaging Service )

2000-09-18 03:20:02

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:04:10 +0300,
petri(_dot_)koskelainen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com said:

  petri> Hi,
  petri> We don't need yet-another mail delivery protocol by some new forum.
  petri> We have already e.g. SIP which is capable of carrying MIME messages,
  petri> including multipart
  petri> and which supports capability negotiation.

If you want to go after the Mobile set of requirements, then
you need to deal with "Efficiency".

See "The Efficiency of EMSD" paper in The LEAP Manifesto --
http://www.leapforum.org/ -- for details.

If you think that Efficiency is not relevant in the Mobile Multimedia
Messaging Service problem space, then you don't need yet-another mail
delivery protocol.

Grep for the word "Efficient" on the title of RFC series and see what
you get.

...Mohsen.