Re: ICANN election.com not working reliably

2000-10-02 06:20:02
I have not been able to participate in the this or the selection part of the
election.  I used the PIN that was mailed to me to register.  When it came
time to vote it asked for my PIN again, which I no longer had.

I have registered for many secure sites (bank, brokers) using a pin that was
mailed, but once I was registered the id and password were sufficinet, so I
did not think about saving the mailed PIN.  If that type of security is enough
to transfer thousands of dollars, it should be sufficient for voting.  Keeping
a paper copy of a PIN is not very secure!

I sent numerous emails to ICANN requesting a new PIN but it took three weeks
to get a reply.

Of course I still can't vote.

It really looks like they are going out of their way to make participation
difficult.

Herman