async voice wireless messaging update

2000-12-03 01:00:04
For the first time, there is now an internet-enabled phone with
email and voice recording capability approved for use in the US
and Canadian markets:

  http://www.kyocera.com/News/displaypress.cfm?PressID=95
  http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/showroom/showcase/coming_soon_6000.htm

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=112798&native_or_pdf=pdf
  http://spectrum.ic.gc.ca/~cert/rdaily.html

This is the closest I've seen the gap yet.  All that remains is
to ask QUALCOMM to allow recorded voice memos to be attached to
outgoing email messages with Eudora for PalmOS.

QUALCOMM is headquartered in San Diego.  I hope a lot of IETFers
have the opportunity to request the feature in person.  Maybe
this will be made easier by the fact that they are co-hosting the
terminal room.

Cheers,
James