Babel and the works of many - IDN

2000-12-07 15:40:02

Matt Crawford crawdad(_at_)fnal(_dot_)gov said:
 If the world had asked you or me to design an international
language, I think either of us would have done better.

Dan Kolis dank(_at_)hq(_dot_)lindsayelec(_dot_)com says:
Well in biblical theology; I've heard it goes like this: Everyone on earth
(well on the building site for sure) could understand each other, then "God
so feared man (details apparently lacking, something about a building
project going too well in Babel)", he inflicted suddenly all different
languages on them and they screwed up the tower.

No wonders its a hard problem. Its been designed by a supreme being to be
difficult! I think more committee members are required.

(oh, and something about some other attribute; some dudes in the crowd could
understand everyone anyway, and be understood while the others thrashed
around, freaked out). Some holy parameter they had. I don't know how you get
that accreditation. Makes me think of Douglas Adam's "Babelfish".

Regs, "A Babelfish in the ear to you!",
Dan

Dan Kolis - Lindsay Electronics Ltd dank(_at_)hq(_dot_)lindsayelec(_dot_)com
50 Mary Street West, Lindsay Ontario Canada K9V 2S7
(705) 324-2196 Phone           (705) 324-5474 Fax
(888) 326-5654 Pager Anywhere  (888) DANKOLIS {Same #)
An ISO 9001 Company; SCTE Member ISM-127194
/Document end