Re: Nimrod is still ugly - was: NATs *ARE* evil!

2000-12-15 16:20:03
    > From: v guruprasad <prasad(_at_)watson(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com>

    > One basic reason Nimrod is still ugly is that it leaves us to deal with
    > real addresses.

If you find a way to select paths in real networks using only virtual data,
we'd all be interested to hear it.

        Noel

PS: The issues of i) globally/locally unique addresses (i.e. NAT), and ii)
separation of location and identity, have nothing to do with the selection of
paths. So why you think there's some reason to drag in a scheme that is purely
about path selection is completely beyond me.