Re: Again: Number of Firewall/NAT Users

2001-01-23 13:20:02
Exactly. More or less by definition, since NATs and firewalls hide
stuff, we can't possibly measure the stuff they hide.
And since they are hiding stuff for good reason, administrators
more or less by definition will not answer accurately. So it can't
be measured.

My hand waving estimate is that 40% (160M) of users are behind a firewall
and/or NAT, 50% (200M) on dial-up, and 10% (40M) have direct always-on access.
But there is no way I can justify these numbers.

  Brian