Re: Blast from the past

2001-01-29 12:40:02
Jeff Weisberg wrote:

quoth perry(_at_)piermont(_dot_)com:

| I'm curious when HOSTS.TXT finally died completely.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but at rochester.edu, I'm
thinking it had to be in use until at least 89 or 90.

It was in use on the math department Sun workstations when I was at University
of Chicago in
1990-91.

I think it was also on the campus-wide machines, too; at least, I remember
having access to
two different versions of the file, one much larger than the other (but not
actually a
superset).

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|