Re: Writing Internet Drafts on a Macintosh

2001-02-22 05:10:02
Hi,

On Wed 2001.02.21, Bora Akyol wrote:

I am trying (trying is the key word) to write Internet drafts on a
powerbook using MS Word with the template from the IETF web-site,
then using a PC to convert Word to text per the instructions.

Is there a better way to write IDs on a Mac?

I personally prefer LaTeX because it vastly simplifies cross-references
within the text. LaTeX should be platform-neutral, but the dvitty driver
given is ancient.

I had to tweak the dvitty code a bit to get the import of ascii artwork
almost right. The only other things that needed slight touchup were the
equations. Perhaps I should post the dvitty patch somewhere...

Also, why isn't HTML an accepted format for Internet Drafts, pretty
much everyone on the planet should be able to read an HTML file (even
using Lynx on a terminal)?

and that goes for pdf too, given that the irs uses it too :)

-prasad.