Top 10 list of reasons to hold IETF 50 in Minneapolis in March

2001-03-15 15:50:02

Shortly before the 44th IETF two years ago, an individual noted to this list:

Hi,

I happened to noticed that the 44th IETF is scheduled to be in
Minnesota in March when Minnesota is usually buried in thick snow!
(I've personally observed that)

Probably there are good reasons why this is so that I don't know about.

I couldn't resist, and wrote up:
Top 10 List of Reasons to Hold 44th IETF in Minneapolis in March

Anyway, for the further amusement of all, here is the -01 version:

Top 10 List of Reasons to Hold 50th IETF in Minneapolis in March
10.  Fewer 'tourists' in meetings
9. 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' reruns on hotel cable 24 hours a day
8. No mosquitos
7. IETF social:  ice fishing
6. Easy to convince your boss that this really isn't a junket
5. POISSON debate on "Code of Conduct" draft to be resolved by snowball fight
4. 50th IETF t-shirts made of genuine Polarfleece (tm)
3. Alternative was Thule, Greenland
2. IP tunnels through anything, even thick snow
1. Governor Ventura to referee contentious WGs (if it doesn't violate his XFL
   contract, of course)

------- End of Forwarded Message