Re: URL Resolution in printed matter

2001-03-19 12:00:02
At 10:43 19/03/2001 -0500, Dan Kolis wrote:
Grretings,
Some few days ago I posted a question for an opinion, perhaps it was too
long? The question is: in the RFC framework would a specification for
barcode / machine symbols to URLS be too far afield of ietf mandates?

Yes, it would be too far afield.
There are plenty of standards organizations making standards for barcodes.

 There
are some DNS like issues, but not too many.

I'm a little surprised a field getting a fair amount of attention seens not
to have mush pseudo-formal input.

Regards,
Dan Kolis

-
This message was passed through ietf+censored(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no, which
is a sublist of ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org(_dot_) Not all messages are passed.
Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.

--
Harald Tveit Alvestrand, alvestrand(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com
+47 41 44 29 94