Re: Out of Office AutoReply: switch vs router

2001-03-19 22:00:04
From: "J. Noel Chiappa" <jnc(_at_)ginger(_dot_)lcs(_dot_)mit(_dot_)edu>

Anyone know whose email software this is? ...

After my previous modest proposals that the IETF list reject all
messages displaying "Mailer: Internet Mail Service" stigmata,
I was told that it's Microsoft's.  That's consistent
with some of the answers http://www.google.com gives to the
question "Mailer: Internet Mail Service", such as
http://support.microsoft.com/support/Exchange/Content/HowTos/dialupims.asp
(If you use Netscape, you may have to turn off Java and Javascript to read
such Microsft content.  At least I do.)

See also the results of
http://search.microsoft.com/us/Default.asp?so=RECCNT&qu=Out+of+Office+AutoReply&boolean=ALL&btnsearch=Search&i=00&i=02&i=04&i=06&i=08&i=01&i=03&i=05&i=07&i=09&p=1&nq=NEW

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q271/7/09.ASP
and
Let me renew my that modest proposal.  Those who are sufficently
technically proficient can arrange to use something that is not
so likely to be abusive, and those who aren't can get someone else