Re: IESG Response to Copyright appeal

2001-04-05 20:00:02
Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

The problem is that when you take *that* stuff into account, I've spent
(or have committed to spending) *more* time trying to comply with the
GPL than I have actually making useful things available.

OK, I am convinced that GPL creates problems, especially
for the maintainers. Now, back to the original issue that
I have raised, i.e. IESG's assertions on:

   Doing so, according to our counsel '...is as close to a
   "contribution to the public" that we can get'.

Is that really true that the BCP-9 text was developed by the
IETF (not ISOC!) lawyers specifically to deal with IETF documents?
Furthermore,  (AFAIK) haven't these counsels also recommended
that "Foo of Conduct" modification? I just put the GDL as a
comparison.

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
--- The Kappa likes getting cucumber --- Budum... Budum...