GPL tool for monitoring Internet-Drafts

2001-04-11 11:00:02
I have written a tool for monitoring the Internet-Drafts
announcements for Drafts of interest.  It's in Perl, available
under the GPL, at
<http://calsch.research.ecal.com/draft-monitor/>.  It was
originally written to look for calsch-related Drafts, after we
had a mixup where we didn't notice someone was about to go RFC
with a spec that used iCalendar in an incompatible way.  Patrik
caught it, and asked us to pay more attention; this is the
result.

It's not perfect. (For one thing, it's not documented. I hacked
it up in an afternoon, for my own use. I then got permission to
release it, but it was too low-priority to justify working on
documentation. If you have questions, please ask.) It's somewhat
customizable, though; the recognition code is isolated, so you
ought to have no trouble adapting it for whatever you want to
look for.

--
|John Stracke    | http://www.ecal.com |My opinions are my own.|