RE: [ga] Fracturing the Internet

2001-04-15 18:00:02

From
:http://www.nativenames.net/english/domains/policies/standards-warning
.asp
<QUOTE>
NativeNames is among the first pioneers to enter the arena of
multilingual domain names, and is among the first pioneers to support
languages of the Middle East, including Arabic, Farsi, and Urdu. As
with any pioneering efforts, there are dangers associated with being
first. The most important one which you, the domain name registrant,
need to be concerned about, is the evolution of standards regarding
domain names. Until the standards get hammered out and are ratified,
there is a chance of the same domain name being sold by different
companies. Should that happen with a domain that you purchase through
an affiliated registrar of NativeNames, NativeNames and that registrar
will make every good faith effort - God willing - to return any
prorated fees owed to you from the time of reporting to us of a
problem for the remaining part of your registration term.

Note that NativeNames, unlike many other registries, is virtually
unique in warning potential buyers. We are deeply concerned about
assuring you the best possible quality and service, and we appreciate
your business. Please also note that we are actively pursuing avenues
to minimize any potential problems. We are the first, and currently
the only, registry that is focusing on Mideastern languages. We also
hold a prominent role in the IETF's working group on Arabic domain
names (in fact, our COO is the chair of that group). We will do our
best to make sure that whoever you buy your domain name from, that
domain name is yours God willing.
<End QUOTE>

Wouldn't the above in the last paragraph indicate a conflict of
interest for being involved in this Registry and holding a chair in
the IETF working group?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch.