RE: SOAP/XML Protocol and filtering, etc.

2001-05-08 07:10:02
I never said a message broker was SOAP specific.

a message broker that looks at a SOAPAction header isn't SOAP specific?

SOAPAction is a HTTP header - message brokers are HTTP/MIME aware, including
the
ability to deal with HTTP/MIME extension headers, such as SOAPAction. A
message broker is not required to understand the structure and semantics of
a SOAP document.

what you are saying is that there are people out there who do not
understand
the value of clean separation of function between layers.  how is that a
justification for a standards-setting organization to propagate that
misunderstanding?

Or perhaps there are people who don't understand message broker concepts.

How is what I've described all that different from inetd? Consider:

|ftp|telnet|finger|    |ebXML|GISB|AIAGE5|AS2|
|      inetd      |    |   message broker    |
|       TCP       |    |       HTTP          |

What's unclean about this approach, it enables centralized administration,
single security domains, workflow management, a single "choke point" for
security purposes. The "handlers" are in fact separate and distinct layers
from the message broker.

Dick