Re: Can employers forbid you...

2001-05-30 10:30:02
As a long time journalist and practitioner in the IT space, I have never had
any difficulty obtaining information from an IETF member provided that

1.  I agree to the rules set down by the respondent (i.e., no mention of
company or anonymous quoting, if necessary)

2.  I agree to clear quotes through corporate PR, if necessary.

This question, in my view, is kind of silly.  Tech companies generally want
their names in print in a favorable context.  Working with IETF to advance
worthwhile standards efforts is generally looked upon as a good thing.  I have
found that respect is the key to cooperation.

JWT