Relevance? What do YOU want the IETF list to be?

2001-06-05 06:40:03
To quote some well-known company :

"What do YOU want the IETF list to be?"

;o)

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]

    Please, IETF list is for technology and its development discussions, not
for complaint about spam or cheap politics.

IMHO, you are mistaken.

- the issue of how to deal with spam on IETF lists is entirely relevant
  to IETF business and therefore an appropriate topic for discussion
  on the IETF list.

- the issues of how IETF participants deal with the press, and how
  to interpret IETF policies regarding individual participation, are
  entirely relevant to IETF business and therefore appropriate topics
  for discussion on the IETF list.

IETF participants are often passionate about their beliefs and about
wanting the Internet to work well.  This occasionally results in heated
discussions and strong statements of opinion.  These should not be
confused with "cheap politics".

We cannot entirely separate technology and politics.  Many of us are
working on this technology because we want to make the world a better
place, and that is inherently a political activity.

Keith