Re: namedroppers mismanagement

2001-06-07 13:20:02
D. J. and all,

  Has anyone brought this to the attention of the new IETF chair?  If
not than possibly it should be.  I am cc'ing Harald on this for his
information and consideration and the IETF chair.

  It has been noticed by a number of folks that have had the "Opportunity"
to deal with Randy Bush his particular attitude in some subject areas.
I have had this unfortunate "Opportunity" on a number of occasions and
found him untracktable in most instances.  None the less anyone is entitled
to their opinion.  However censoring others opinions as well as ML
archives would seem to me to be less than reasonable..  Of course
Harald is well aware of my position on this....

D. J. Bernstein wrote:

Dave Crocker writes:
Since when does working group management get to dictate, by fiat and with
no prior discussion, what postings are to be allowed and then prevent
working group discussion about a decision, nevermind such an unusual
(unprecedented?) decision?

Randy Bush, the DNSEXT censor, has been doing this for years.

In 1996 he started throwing away ``spam and administrivia.'' By 1998 he
was occasionally throwing away on-topic postings that he didn't like. By
2000 he was regularly censoring messages criticizing his behavior. See
http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/namedroppers.html for many detailed examples.

All of these actions were taken unilaterally, without DNSEXT approval.

I'm looking forward to seeing antitrust lawsuits against the IETF.

---Dan

Regards,
--
Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com