Is A6 the IETF (ISOC/ICANN) Approach ?

2001-06-09 08:50:02

Is A6 the IETF (ISOC/ICANN) Approach ?

AAAA seems fine for the rest of the world
and for IPv16 users...

Jim Fleming
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ipng(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-ipng(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com]On Behalf Of Jim
Bound
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2001 10:26 AM
To: Matt Crawford
Cc: ipng(_at_)sunroof(_dot_)eng(_dot_)sun(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: Draft Minutes for IPng Interim Meeting

Matt,

I challenge any notion of altering the long effort of A6 but at the
meeting it was made clear to several of my questions that any input from
any directorate will have discussion and technical analysis by the WG once
the work is presented from the DNS directorate.  So I let it go for now.
So politically I was shutdown and no details were presented in any depth
for discussion.  That is the next step I presume.  There was no
opportunity to challenge as nothing of details were presented.

I do question why though why you, and others like Bob Halley, Bill
Manning, Paul Vixie, David Conrad et al were not part of this directorate
who architected and implemented A6 with running code were not part of this
directorates deliberations.  And will be looking carefully at the
technical details from the directorate with great anticipation.

I agree that it should have been noted on the agenda so you and others who
were authors / implementors of A6 knew ahead of time that it was to be
presented.  IMO that was an unfortuneate oversight in listing the agenda.

regards,

/jim