Re: WG Review: Open Pluggable Edge Services (opes)

2001-06-15 13:10:03
Keith-
We have no focus, interest, support, love for, etc. with interception proxies.
Of course we cannot control the ISV market and if they do/do not use them.

The intermediary service are at an application level not the network
level (NAT, etc.) and in some sense are an "end" in the "middle".
This space is short of clarifying terms and we hope to help that
shortly (a result of the last workshop). Certainly this is not
looking at the problems in the MidCom area.

This does not answer all your confusions, more later.