Re: common carriers?

2001-06-16 19:00:01
... John Stewart Mill ....

Also, since the next IETF is in London, I would be foolish to
forget that Mill got a lot of his ideas from Jeremy "present
but not voting" Bentham, and his brother Samuel.

For example, see section 2.4, "Utilitarian School," in:

  http://www.citi.columbia.edu/wireless/col_1096.htm

Other good legal scholarship on the issue is at:

  http://www.columbia.edu/dlc/wp/citi/citinoam11.html

Cheers,
James

P.S. Impending Doom of Common Carriage predicted, film at 11.

P.P.S. Hey, perhaps a good use for an OPES system would be
to replace all occurances of "OPES" in internet packets with
that citinoam11.html URL.  Maybe in the short run it would
do more harm than good, but I'm not so sure about the long run.