Re: IPv6

2001-06-27 11:00:07
On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)VT(_dot_)EDU wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:32:02 EDT, Don McMorris
<don(_at_)ws-hosting(_dot_)net>  said:

1.  Which operating systems currently support it?  I irun RedHat linux, =
and it does not, to my knowlege.

RedHat Linux 7.1 supports it just fine - am running a 2.4.5 kernel with
the USAGI IPv6 patches and it works.  Some Assembly Required though.
[snip]

Funny that this came up now.  I just a few minutes ago announced a free
Linux host/router "product" based on Red Hat Linux 7.1.

No assembly required. :-)

For more information, please see: http://www.csc.fi/~psavola/ipv6/

--8<--
I'm pleased to announce packaged, IPv6-enabled Linux host/router based on
Red Hat Linux 7.1.  This is a free project, aiming at making it _easy_ and
_quick_ to set up a small-scale IPv6 router or workstation.

These free "products" include IPv6-enabled key applications, tuned
initialization scripts, secure default settings, documentation on setting
up a few common setups and more.

"Router" ISO and "Workstation" ISO's are available for download at
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/csc/ipv6/ and the systems are also installable
over FTP/HTTP.

More information is available at:

http://www.csc.fi/~psavola/ipv6/
--8<--