RE: Demise of the 'Internet Report'

2001-06-27 15:00:04
AzTeC Computing Free-Net would be willing to take a look at the size of the
site and if it is within our available resources we could provide the space for
you to continue this resource.  Only FTP access would be available to update
the site and the url would be http://aztec.asu.edu/<whatever>  We have been
providing free web hosting space for selected non-profit uses since 1994.

Bill Austin, President and Webmaster
AzTeC Computing Free-Net
http://aztec.asu.edu/

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert G. Ferrell
[mailto:root(_at_)rgfsparc(_dot_)cr(_dot_)usgs(_dot_)gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 7:57 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Demise of the 'Internet Report'

Hi folks,

Sorry about spamming the list with this, but it seemed better than simply
disappearing without an explanation.

The U.S. government has decided that my "Internet Report" site, where I
summarized the drafts and RFCs issued each week in tabular format, was
"inappropriate" and even a "political embarrassment" because it had
no direct bearing on the mission of my agency and must therefore
be taken down. I'll try to find some other place to put it up, but since it
catalogs all IETF draft and RFC activity back to 6/99, as well as providing
a local RFC mirror, it might be larger than I can comfortably fit on
my Web site at my personal ISP.

I know from my logs that a couple thousand folks had it bookmarked; I
sincerely apologize for this incident.  I'm bummed, but there's not
much I can do about it.  C'est la vie.

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell