Auto-Acks (was: too many "Out of Office AutoReply")

2001-07-02 08:40:09
Lloyd Wood [l(_dot_)wood(_at_)eim(_dot_)surrey(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk] writes (to
the ietf list plus a bunch
of individuals I have removed; Lloyd, if you think they'd be interested,
feel free to respond):

I think [Disposition-Notification-To:] can be an invasion
of privacy, since a mail agent responding to it is telling you when
the mail is read.

And what a golden tool for spammers.  No longer need they trick newbies into
asking to be removed, to verify that the address is valid....

--
Dave Aronson, Sysop of free public Fidonet BBS Air 'n Sun, +1-703-319-0714.
Opinions all MINE, not by Cryptek/NRA/SCA/Mensa/HWG/LPUSA/CAUCE/FedGov/God!