MGCP: Gateways start-up

2001-07-12 08:20:02
Hi everybody,

my problem is understand how the communication between a generic Call Agent (CA)
and a generic Gateway (GW) start up.

Does the protocol works in the following mode ?

CA knows which GWs it must control because they are configured in the CA. When
CA     receives a RSIP message from these GWs it responds, otherwise if it
receives a RSIP from GWs that are not configured, CA does not responds.
This ways need a DataBase in CA in which store the GWs that must be controlled.

Is it correct?
Are there any other mode?
Are there any mode in which GW sends a message to CA for "register" itself (GW
says to CA that CA has to control it)?

In draft-andreasen-mgcp-rfc2705bis-01.txt I do not found anything for the
moment.

Thanks
Lorenzo

Lorenzo Boffelli
STRE Engineer
European R&D Center

Allied Telesis K.K.
Head Office / 4F TOC Bldg, 7-22-17 Nishi-Gotanda,
Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Japan, 141-8635
European Office: Via Pier della Francesca, 26
20090 Trezzano sul Naviglio (MI) - Italy
Tel: +39 (0)2 48463525 Fax: +39 (0)2 48463581
Email: lorenzo_boffelli(_at_)alliedtelesyn(_dot_)com