Re: Site hit rates and AOL

2001-07-16 11:10:03

'hit rates' are not defined by HTTP; proxies, caching and so on are.
I'd characterize trying to derive hit rates as 'goofing around' more
than the use of mechanisms designed into the protocol...

See:
  http://www.goldmark.org/netrants/webstats/

(in other words, you haven't chosen a very sympathetic audience)

Cheers,