RE: why cant this list clean up the spam!!??

2001-07-24 09:40:04
From: Gordon Cook [mailto:cook(_at_)COOKREPORT(_dot_)COM]
Subject: why cant this list clean up the spam!!??

if an open smtp agent counts as a spam amplifier then so
does an open list server such as this. so the reason why
resolves back to the ietf's political correctness.

on a lighter note: in an ongoing analysis of my incoming
spam i have consistently noticed that the vast majority of
messages fall into one of these four topic categories:

 - magical money making scams
 - magical weight loss programs
 - magical enlargement techniques for the male doodah
 - things for improving the reliability of windows

conclusions:

i guess these four things now (i.e. since medicine has
found at least partial solutions for male pattern hair
loss and impotence) represent the top four problems so
frustrating that a good many folk are willing to invest
in crank scams in the misguided hope of some improvement.
hmmm.

also, i figured that if windows weren't so buggy my
incoming spam volume would be down 19.3%. i wonder how
my spam stats would change were windows to get even
buggier in the future.

c u
fsb

new adventures thursdays 7pm to 8pm on wzbc 90.3fm in boston
http://zbconline.com/ for info, streams and program archives