Re: Gigabit routers

2001-07-30 20:40:04
Could you please send us information or web site about Definition,
Evolution, Standards, Interfaces and protocols of Gigbit routers?

ftp://ftp.isi.edu:/in-notes/rfc1812.txt

How about
ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2544.txt
Benchmarking Methodology for Network Interconnect Devices

Speaking of LOW END system performances, I notice that
propagation time on the net is higher than inside the
box. And, SWITCHING time is VERY LOW. Thus, any old
386 and 486 boxes can be used happily for routing
4 x 10 Mbps(ethernet) traffic. This reminds me to
"the Wall" (Pink Floyd) :-)

     We don't need a C* router
     We don't need an Outlook control
     No dark sarcasm in the network
     San Jose, leave us all alone
     Hey Redmond, leave us all alone
     All in all it was just another L*nux firewall
     All in all it was just another L*nux firewall

regards,

--
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
- Hi! How are you? I send you this in order to have advice