DHCP and IRQ12

2001-09-01 23:40:02
Hello IETF:

    I have a question, (I work for a Cable ISP;) if a Network card "falls" into
IRQ 12, it just won't renew the IP address (we use DHCP for this obviously), it
has been tested under windows 95/98/ME, and it just does not do it, the weird
fact is, it does not gives the message about "DHCP unavailable". And we have
tested it with several chipsets, and all behave the same, with and without PS/2
mouse port.

Do you have any idea why?
If you need any additional fact about this, please let me know.

Thank you for your comments.

Saludos.
Regards.
José Manuel Arronte García
Supervisor de Soporte Técnico Helpdesk

Meg(_at_)Red Veracruz
Telecomunicaciones y Entretenimiento SA
Av. S. Díaz Mirón 2625-A
Fracc. Moderno
Veracruz Ver. MÉXICO

http://www.megacable.com.mx
http://www.megared.net.mx

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
 and I'm not sure about the former".        --A. Einstein