Daydreams... Re: ADV..... Think for a minute this DOES work

2001-09-07 17:20:03

in an alternate universe i thought i saw someone write:

BEFORE YOU DISCARD THIS EMAIL PLEASE JUST TAKE TWO MINUTES
TO READ IT, THATS ALL I ASK AND YOU TOO COULD FIND OUT JUST
HOW EASY IT WOULD BE FOR IETF(_at_)IETF(_dot_)ORG TO FILTER NON-SUBSCRIBERS.
AFTER ALL I THOUGHT WELL ITS NOT EXACTLY GONNA BREAK THE IETF'S
GRIP ON FREE DEVELOPMENT OF STANDARDS, AND BOY DOES IT WORK!!

Before you say "Bull", please read the following. This is the spam you have
been seeing a lot on this list lately. Due to the popularity of this letter on
the Internet, ietf subscribers have at times devoted entire weeks to the
investigation of mail filtering as described below, to see if it really can
increase the signal to noise ratio of the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing
list.

Their findings proved once and for all that there are "absolutely NO Laws
prohibiting the use of ingress filtering on this mailing list, and if
people can accept some simple inconveniences like subscribing before
posting, they are bound to make some [....]

... and then a noise woke me from my slumber, and i realized
it was just another friday afternoon daydream.

*sigh*

gja