I-D's, Table of Contents in the beginning in nroff macros

2001-09-15 09:50:02
Hi,

I'm writing an I-D using nroff -ms macros.

Is there a way to _automatically_ create Table of Contents with .PX and
.XS/.XE while writing _in the beginning of the draft_; like mentioned in
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~janp/Help/textms.html#2.10

The problem appears to be that using .PX to generate the TOC before
automatically-to-be-added items are defined with .XS/.XE creates a null
table.

Of course this could be avoided by:
 1) forget about toc, it isn't mandatory anyway (personally, I like them
even in shorter drafts.. they give a good overview)
 2) do the damn thing manually
 3) do it automatically with .PX at the end and when the draft is ready to
be printed in text, move it to the beginning of the text file.

But still.. is there something obvious I'm missing?